I learned a new word: chuffed. From Hope Blooms in Darkness, who nominated me for The Liebster Award.
What is the Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.”
The author of Hope Blooms in Darkness is a young woman of faith who has dealt with much of the “darkness” and speaks reality and hope, which flows freely through her words. She’s fun. And serious. And wise. And she uses cool words I haven’t heard before (could it be that she is 23 and I am 56?).. “Hope,” thank you for the nomination! I’m blessed to be included as a blog that you value! Big time! Blessed again to have the honor of getting to know a you a little better through this award, and also those who are willing to answer the questions posed. And yet again, to pass on encouraging or challenging blogs so others might find some of the encouragement and challenge I have found there. I love the positive creativity of blogging and reading blogs – I’m learning so much, and so encouraged by “meeting” people I would never have the joy of knowing otherwise.
This seems like a gentle and fun way to get started writing again after integrating/coping so hard for a time that I have had nothing to say.
So, I choose to follow some rules governing this blog award. I know a couple of you don’t do awards in general, but I would still like to direct others to your blog as very worth reading, so I listed you anyway. And I still hope you will answer the questions to “award” me with the joy of knowing you better!
Here are the rules:
First, accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post, say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site.
Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about me.
Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites.
Rule number 3 is to notify the bloggers of their award.
Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
Rule number 5 is to answer the questions left for me by the blogger.
RULE #1: ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I have lived in 8 states (U.S.) and 15 cities/towns.
2. I love fabric/thread art – and made/make portrait quilts.
3. I love the smell of pine trees (as you can see, I do SMELL pine trees – Ponderosa Pines smell like butterscotch!).
4. I once scouted forest fires with my dad in a small plane over Wyoming.
5. Have ALWAYS wanted clear connection to God.
Hey, God…can I hear you now???
6. I need silence and time alone to be calm and content.
7. “Primary Sludge Analyst” at the Las Vegas waste water treatment facility is only one of my unusual un-glamorous employment gigs. My current, and most un-glamorous of all, is un-employed.
8. I once considered moving to Silverton, CO, to be a miner. After I realized I didn’t want to be a neurosurgeon or interior designer.
9. My daughters used to con me into reading Reader’s Digest humor at bedtime, because we would have laugh attacks and I would let them stay up too late.
10. I gave my daughters sky diving/hot air balloon tickets for their college graduations (up, up, and away….). FYI – they chose the skydiving. Insane mom? Maybe, but they loved it!
11. Learned to cross-country ski when I was 8 months pregnant.
RULE #2: Blogs I’m nominating…. (eleven among many wonderful blogs I follow!) I’m not sure of follower numbers, but….oh well. They’re just darn good blogs!
RULE #5: Here are my answers to the questions set for me….
1. What is the most memorable event in your life?
Can’t narrow it down to one. Snuggling my daughters rates up there. Have you ever noticed that sweet spot behind a baby’s ear is so soft you can’t even feel it with your fingertip (or your nose)?
2. Why did you join WordPress?
Heard it was a good way to promote a book. Started blogging without really knowing what blogging is, nervous about not knowing “blogging etiquette” and running spell/grammar check 10 times before posting. What I FOUND are some of the wisest, kindest, most articulate people I have ever known. Like opening a window on a spring day. And I’m finding that blogging is more interesting than writing a book. Hmmm. Better work on that!
3. What is your main Goal in Life?
To find my main Goal in Life.
4. Where would you want to travel the most in the world and why?
Anywhere pretty and new with good people I know/love. For the joy of it, and to meet good people I don’t know/love (yet).
5. What is one of the worst experiences you’ve ever undergone and how did you learn from it?
Having loved, been married to, and divorced, a very intelligent, manipulative, messed up, abusive “Christian” man as a legalistically trained Christian wife who in fear claimed no retirement, so restarted and re-educated to make up lost $$ but instead encountered workplace abuse, repeatedly, home-front lack of influence, and a feeling of helplessness and isolation from God. One long event. Learning still in progress.
6. If you had 3 wishes that you could get answered instantly what would you wish for and why?
For everyone to be at peace with God (not confused, not dogma, theory, scripture, speculation – REAL, REST, SECURITY, TRUTH).
For all people to have the ability to distinguish truth from lie.
A deep abiding sense of belonging, wherever I am.
Why? Because it would make life and earth so much nicer, brighter, happier.
7. Do you believe in God?
8. What leisure do you enjoy most?
Anything in a comfortable, scenic, natural, setting.
9. If you could teach me one life lesson, what would it be?
Be wary of those who tell you it is selfish to take care of yourself, guard your heart, or pursue your priorities. Then do those things with kindness, honesty, and determination.
10. Name one thing you do every day that without it your day would feel incomplete.
Think of those I love.
11. What one thing you would change about/in the world if you had the power to do it.
Infuse all people with wisdom and respect (is that 2 things?) – within, without, between, among, around.
RULE #4: I tried to come up with creative new questions, but the ones I just answered are good. I would love for all my readers also to answer whatever questions you wish (comments or your blogs) . I would love to get to know you better.